7.2.06

jurassic pork II


Here are some Alain Séchas pieces from the Palais de Tokyo exhibit I saw last summer. Of all the museum shows I have seen, this one really has stayed with me. The emotional response was so intense. To be honest, it scared the shit out of me. The room was dark and you took a flashlight to see the pieces. Then the pigs dropped down and there were odd noises... I wanted an arm to hold onto. It took a few tries, but I made it through alone. I can't wait to see what will be at the http://www.palaisdetokyo.com/ next summer. (I have checked- it looks good)
I also put a link to an exhibit he did at Versailles. I would have loved to have seen it. Versailles is so, well Versailles. Everyone should see it once, but it is so over the top. It looks gawdy and fake, but it is not. (fake at least) Well, anyway- seeing his pieces there would be a delightful contrast to Marie's ridiculous bedroom.


http://www.alainsechas.com/details_categorie.php?from=9&date=&page=1&id=194&num_im=10

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laissez-les manger des porcs

"If a picture wasn't going very well, I'd put a puppy in it.” - Norman Rockwell

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want more Michael Vosse art

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home