18.1.06

you are my candy girl

I think I may have a problem. I don't buy Splenda. I steal it. It started out innocently enough, but it has escalated into a bit of an obession. Everytime I go to Quick Trip, I take a handful of packets. I justify that they are there to be used. Plus, it is expensive at the store. Now rationally, I know that if I can shell out the .87 to buy a coffee at QT, then I can buy Spenda at the store, but I can't. I just can't.
I have other quirks, but I am afraid this one is borderline theivery. Last night, as I went to pay for my coffee, I pulled out a handful of packets from the pocket of my OSU hoodie. Oops.
My obssesive hair twirling, foot fear, or brocolli aversion have never gotten me into legal troubles.
random thoughts:
  • I am thinking of learning Italian and Latin. German will follow. Maybe Russian, but I want to master the romance ones.
  • Mark and I walk all over town and our students always see us. They are starting to worry. People are talking because NOBODY walks in this town. (unless you are crazy...we aren't too far off, eh?)
  • Dylan still has no diapers. GRRR.
  • Liam said his dad's name is brother.
  • Chloe said she wants to be a crossing guard or an artist when she grows up (last night) Then she said, "I'd like to go to the moon, if mom will let me" to which I replied, "Of course, you can to anything- if you work hard." Liam perked up, and said, "Yes, I want to do anything."

G'Day. hugs. Happy b.day, Fritha. (I think it is tomorrow?)

Mark's turn to see the dentist. good luck.

~g

4 Comments:

Blogger lua said...

yes, we all twirl our hair. in fact is part of the 2nd grade curriculum. lisa, sarah, am i right?

6:25 PM  
Blogger lua said...

i didn't intend to have 2 splenda pix...oops. dylan poopooed in the potty tonight. (on purpose) if i weren't exausted, i'd be much more excited, i promise.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I too am an obsessive hair twirler. And Amy confirmed that Fritha's birthday is tomorrow, and that makes Lys's the 21st. I think two Splenda pictures made it kind of artsy. It didn't look unintentional. Dylan pooped in the potty! What! That kicks ass! I'm afraid I lost my bet though, I said Liam was going to win the race.

8:15 PM  
Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

Good news, the dentist is going to pull/cut out four of me teeth. Apparently its a problem when two of your teeth break.. who knew?

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home