6.4.06

comfortably numb

I should really be stressed, I know...but I am not. There is not a for sale sign in my yard yet, but I have to move in 4 months. I don't know where I am moving, but I am. I repeat, I don't know where I will be in 4 months. Plus, I am going to France next month (for a month). I need to sell my 2 cars and trade them in for a new one I can afford. I don't know about getting Dylan's services transferred or finding Mark a job, because I am not sure where we will be. Why am I not more stressed? I don't know.

I am taking everything day to day. I am focusing on finishing the projects here to get the house ready. We are almost there, but the weather delayed a few things that should get done this weekend. I am going to send my deposit to Vermont tomorrow and I am going to go ahead as if that is where we will be. I will have to apply for some private loans, and hope we will qualify. I will also request an application for Mark next week. If I get an acceptance letter from Hastings, we will scrap the Vermont plans and head west. If I don't get the loans I need for Vermont and I don't get into Hastings, I guess I will go to TU for a year and hope I will get a transfer. I guess I should send them a deposit, just in case.

After a long (and intriguing) discussion on religion, Caleb asked me if he had to be a Christian. (of course I said no) He wants to look into Confucianism and Buddhism. Isn't this supposed to happen in college? Questioning your beliefs and finding yourself? He is so aware- so perceptive and pensive. It is frightening.

Our French students are visiting. They are so cute. I hope to live in France with my kids some day. At least one year- maybe two.

Well, I am sorry my updates have been sparse, my computer time has been limited lately. By the way, some students asked me today if I was pregnant. They said I looked "poochy". I guess I am a little bloated, but damn- kids can be so RUDE. Ouch. Sometimes I just want to say rude things to them, too. But that would be wrong- so I smile and remind myself I only have 7 more weeks of my teaching career.

I have the same feeling that I had the last year in college- you know when you feel like you are just waiting for your life to begin. I am ready to close this chapter and begin the next one, but technically, the words have yet to be written.

Happy Friday.

hugs,

~g

3 Comments:

Blogger sumobeats said...

Good to see he his thinking on his own so early. Growing up free to choose and not being told you will go to hell if you don't follow christianity is such and awesome thing! That kid amazes me all the time.
Your students sound like jackasses! People let alone high school kids have no sense of courtesy or manners! I got cussed out the other day because I didn't know a guy was walking across the street when I had a green light, he had on a suit.

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to take Caleb to the Asian Art Museam next time he comes here. Amazing Buddha statues. Then we can go meditate.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never heard the term "poochy."

Sounds like a canine reference hardly something one would equate with pregnancy. These Oklahoma teens should not study foreign languages.There is no compelling reason any of them should be permitted to leave the state much less the country.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home