8.11.05

I love trees


I love trees. And recycling. I went to a banquet tonight avec ma mere to celebrate America Recycles Day (which is next Tue, btw) anyway, I won a basketful of Aveda products and a $25 gift card to Wild Oats. Yea earth. It was at the Gilcrease museum. I haven’t been there since I took a group of French friends with the exchange. Louvre vs Gilcrease- yeah, I don’t think they were really impressed.
When I got home, Ca**’s brownies were in the oven for his project tomorrow- and Ch** and Li** had drawn me many lovely pictures with sayings like, “you are the coolest woman ever” (take THAT Rosa) and “boo OU”. I am afraid to tell her I am sending them an application this week. Dylan is not my favorite child this week- he has crapped on the floor…twice. I won’t go into too much detail (sorry D**- I know you love to talk about it?) but I’ll just say it makes life a little more stressful when you have to use a knife to scrape crap out of the grooves in your wood floors. I’m just sayin’.
I have to say I am very upset and sickened about the situation in Paris. I was in line at the store today and as I was reading the headlines, the man behind me looked over my shoulder and said, “Stupid French, you get what you deserve.” He the smiled and nodded at me to which I replied (proudly), “I am a French teacher and no one deserves this.” He blushed slightly, but added, “We should’ve stuck with freedom fries.” Whatever dude. Oh yeah, that’ll teach ‘em.
You know I actually had a kid suspended today for using the n. word? No surprise- he’s an ag kid. Hum, wonder where he learned it. What year is this?
I hope everyone’s day was as pleasant as mine. I will say I also listened to a lot of Antony and the Johnsons- it is amazing and so relaxing. (He has featured artists such as Davendra Banhart, Boy George, Rufus Wainwright, and Lou Reed) His voice will melt your mind, in a good way. I am also digging on Sujan Stevens, the Mates of State and the Fiery Furnaces right now. If you want some mellow French music- check out Cara Bruni. None of you all have commented on music ...feel free to add any new interesting things you may have heard.
Peace and keep recycling. Random recycling fact: Tulsa was the 1st city in the US to recycle phone books.
G
Check out the Americarecyclesday.org website.

10 Comments:

Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is great This may be of interest to you to stop soccer betting tips Learn more about soccer betting tips

8:19 PM  
Blogger lua said...

Wow, I attract the cool blogs! french kissing? really? someone better check that one out. I think Wayne is tring to fool me. He's so crazy.

8:21 PM  
Blogger OKRyan said...

do you teach french kissing? he wouldn't be crazy D if he didn't poop on the floor and are we sure it wasn't Mark?

9:23 PM  
Blogger lua said...

vosse, you can't be serious. some of the most amazing people i know are french. how can you generalize an entire population like that? that is like saying all americans are war loving glutenous pigs... who are all fat. they are humans. and it is a crime that the govn't doesn'ttreat all french citizens equally, but the people are wonderful people. with great accents.
ryan, i am not sure it wasn't you. are you the soccer better, too?
i also am saddened to learn that you are in a music time warp. i love dylan, but you have to open your mind a bit. i love you, too. huggg, coy grin and a kiss. for you (not ryan, because we are related and this is Ok, not ARK- because they are all inbreds- that is a generalization that has been proven)~G

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But all Americans are war loving glutenous pigs... who are all fat! USA USA USA!!! Down with the French!!! That's it, I'm boycotting anything with the word french in it.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...I'm part French. Well, that explains why I hate myself so much.

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to the next entry down on this blog and you'll find your video by Wayne. Alright, all morning I've been trying to figure out which parts of me are French so I can have them hacked off. So, far I've got my right foot, left ear, and I hate to say it...my liver and my ass. Too bad.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home