16.12.05

feliz navidad

So far so good on this Friday morning. The last day of school before Christmas break. My classes are watching Christmas movies and bringing yummy treats, and everyone is in a good mood. I sent all 22 teacher gifts with my own children this morning.. a little Christmas bribe if you will.
To add to my bonheur, I received a nice Christmas greeting from Amélie par e-mail this morning, and the doll I had ordered for Chloe (that was on backorder) arrived at my mom's yesterday. Hastings sent me a message confirming that they had received my ap, and even gave me an account number to check my status. Not an admittance, but recognition is good.
Two days ago, I received a box of Godiva chocolates in the mail from a parent of one of the girls I took to France last summer. I love random acts of kindness.
Speaking of France, I met with parents on Tue. about next year's trip- it looks like I'll have 3 from Sapulpa. Which means 11 students total. I'm getting excited.
We have our teacher pot-luck luncheon today. It's bar-b-que. So, I am going to run home to make a salad (it's my planning period right now) so I'll have something to put on my plate. Have a very merry morning and a happy afternoon.
It is supposed to snow tonight.
Ciao.
~g

4 Comments:

Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

Your salad looks strangly store bought. Is this the same santa on a bike we saw on monday in Tulsa? He seems to have picked up a dog.

8:38 AM  
Blogger lua said...

well, i went home and the pickings were slim. so i spent too much money on a deviled egg potoato salad that i probably won't even eat. thanks for rubbing it in. i'm having one of those hightened sensory days. it's nice. i can't explain it, but it's good.

9:04 AM  
Blogger OKRyan said...

yeah X normally does that

4:26 PM  
Blogger lua said...

it wasn't x. it was my cold medicine. and we don't call it x- we call it e. duh. i'm sad i didn't get more of a response from the santa w/ dog on a bike pic. tough crowd- tough crowd.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home