19.12.05

hark the herald...

We had our own very Merry Christmas special tonight chez Sarah. It was better than anything (except Charlie Brown) I've ever seen on TV. We decorated cookies, played games, and the kids watched Elf. Sarah made a yummy potato soup with some crusty bread. Sounds cozy, eh? Especially considering it's freaking cold outside. We also decided to send joint Christmas cards with all six kids and three dogs- but just to the bunko girls who send us cards with pictures of their kids. I never know what to do with those things. I can't through them away, but if I put them with the other pictures, I'll be like "Who the hell is this?" in a few years. Other Christmas cards can be recycled, or used as decoration- but not those. Oh well- so we are going to send them ours- with a simple "Merry Christmas from Sarah and Gretchen". So there.
I didn't mean to change my tone, I really had some good Christmas spirit flowing. Mark and I are going to try and finish up all of the shopping tomorrow. I need to find Chloe a "cool scarf" (her request) and a Pixie's t-shirt for Caleb. The rest is u-wear, socks, and candy(I think). Oh and Ryan's b.day, but I can't say what it is 'cause he might be reading this...
Did I mention that Sally got us a trash can, trash bags, 2 spirals (1 used), some pens, and 2 $50 gift cards to Hasting's? She wanted to be sure we would be coming to Stillwater soon. I am worried about telling her we are moving. Oh well, it's a cool (but strange) gift. Very Sally.
Good night, my friends. Big wet kisses all around.
~G

3 Comments:

Blogger lua said...

we aren't really sending cards. i was being caddy. so bad. it is snowing.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sally! She is just precious. A trash can eh? What kind? Did it have a lid. We need one with a lid real bad. Dogs keep gettin into the trash. Well, Sioux keeps gettin into the trash. It's a new habit she's picked up from the other dogs on the playground.

3:41 PM  
Blogger lua said...

oh yeah, there is a lid. we don't really need one- but there's definitly a lid. she loaned us her truck this week while she's in north carolina- you shouls see me driving a big ass white truck. it's scary.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home