1.12.05

sleigh bells ring...


I love cold weather. Really. I don't love being cold, per se- but I love sweaters, hot chocolate, soup, Christmas, and everything else that goes with. I want snow.
Caleb's play opens this weekend. I think I'll take Chloe to the rehearsal tonight. Sat is the Christmas parade downtown. The theme is "A Christmas Story", so I think I'm handing out flyers for the show.
I like these guys (Eux Autres) not just because they sing in French, although I am a sucker for the francophones. It's great poppy rock. I should not write for a music mag, eh?
I have taken a break from my essays and applications. It's kind of nice. Chloe went to church with Sarah last night and Caleb was at rehearsal, so I actually got some time in with Liam and Dylan. Just hanging out... reading books, working puzzles, jumping in circles. The norm. There is a group of girls in Dylan's class who like to make things for him. It's so cute- he's totally working the autism thing.
In honor of World AIDS Day, I 've listed some of my favorite links, as a do-gooder. If nothing else, it's inspiring to read what other people are accomplishing. The autism one is, of course near and dear- the new organization sounds awesome. The woman who started "Autism Speaks" is the wife of the head guy at NBC. Their grandson was diagnosed last year. That's what it takes- rich powerful people who have time and money get the perverbial ball rolling. I love the acts of kindness page. I'm sure I will get teased, for there is no mention of spanking to be found.
The Iron& Wine concert was on NPR, "All Songs Considered" last night- and should be on their web-site, too.
http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/
http://www.worldaidsday.org/default.asp
http://www.one.org/
http://www.naar.org/
http://www.actsofkindness.org/community/
I'm going to listen to listen to the Belle Orchestre. It's kinda jazzy- but different. http://www.bellorchestre.com/C'est sympa, assez melachonique- et sans mots. comme moi parfois.
~g

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No teasing. no no. It's getting colder here as well. It has been raining all week. We of course don't get snow, but cold wind and rain. I think I'd rather have a bit of snow. But, the hills here would make it a tad bit scary. Can you imagine? heh

I'm exhausted...have two weeks of non stop schedule and I'm never home. I'm in training...getting recertified on all my requirments for work. But, I have the weekend off so I'm happy about that.

Miss you and I wish I could have been there to decorate your tree. I do love Christmas at the Oldhams.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this cold weather is great, there has already been snow flurries, but nothing is sticking.
makes it harder to get out of bed sometimes though.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, everyone's being so nice today. i love it, but i'm paranoid- do i seem fragile? just kidding. i'm glad the weekend is almost here. i miss you too, d. it's so hard to focus on the here and now. i guess that's pretty eveident in my posts. i like to imagine what it would be like there. some students saw my last e-mail from vosse. oops long story, but it was kind of funny, just the same. XXXX

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be a bit paranoid. You definitely need more spanking blogs and what was in Vosse's email?? Soooo curious.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do i know that's you? i'll e-mail it to you. this blog has been infiltrated. in fact, i might have to go down and come back w/ a new name. people not using their real names throws me off. i trust no one.

7:20 PM  
Blogger sumobeats said...

Kick Ass sites! Thanks for the music!

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Les Lumieres! Whatever that means.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's with all the yelling!?good night kids, i've got to get to bed quick so i can salute (& curse) the lovely sun as it rises.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF is with going to church on a Wednesday ?

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pix? What's up you two?

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PussssssYYYY! She is!

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home