31.1.06

peekaboo



Okay, so my principal tells me today that after yesterday's incident, they feel it would be a good idea to install cameras in my classroom. I am not crazy about the idea, but it will allow me to focus more on my teaching and not worry so much that someone is pulling something over on me. Many of you know that there was a big drug ring running from my classroom last year. The kid who was in charge was later linked to 3 overdoses in our school. So maybe I am a little on edge about drugs in my room.

These kids are not taking French. They are in my hummanities class that I am teaching sans livre. I have to create everything (art, music, architecture, etc.) on my own. Therefore, it is not as structured as other classes. Plus, that is the nature of the subject...and that's how I roll. Overall, it's a lot of fun- when I don't feel kids are taking advantage of my kind natured self.

I adore high school kids. I respect them because they deserve it. Their lives are filled with people who treat them as children, but want them to make adult decisions. We all remember those days. In fact, being with my students is the one thing I am going to miss most about this job. Sometimes I care too much for them, and so I am getting out before I get numb. I have seen that happen- not good.

Have a good day.

~g

PS My kiddo was in class today. Nothing happened to him, but we talked.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment ca vous ne faiter pas de solder

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home