21.8.06

new life



Well, it is official. I have my parking sticker, my ID, and my 1st case (to brief for tomorrow) to prove it... I am a law student. Actually, classes start Monday- and I have plenty of reading to do before the 1st day. This school is amazing. I am so lucky to be here. I can see now (more than ever) that the next three years are going to be challenging, but I am excited just the same. I spent a lot of time today reflecting upon the past year and how I got to where I am now. I feel very lucky, and I intend to profit from this opportunity I have been given. Maybe it was all of the pep talks we received about "ethics in professionalism" and the "role of the lawyer in today's society", but I am ready to begin this new chapter of my life. My kids seem to dig it here, too. That is always a good thing.
love,
g

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember my 1L orientation bbq. And orientation itself and how important everything seemed. It was great. Law school was hard, but like you I also felt very lucky for the opportunity, made some great friends and, even though I complainted sometimes, I wouldn't have rather been anywhere else. Enjoy this first part of the semester before the freight train really gains full speed. (that's not meant to sound ominous or scary in any way--just a fact).

9:21 AM  
Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

You didn't mention how everything was from Vermont, even the little butter packets. And the corn... my god that was good corn.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't look rainy, it looks like a pretty day. You were right, that is big corn.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good church to be at. Did you just not find a Unitarian option, or did you try both and like this one better? Isabelle is cute as always.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good church to be at. Did you just not find a Unitarian option, or did you try both and like this one better? Isabelle is cute as always.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

something is screwy here. Those last two comments were ones I made on Amy's blog. I have no idea how they were transferred to lua.

6:08 PM  
Blogger OKRyan said...

I bet it had something to do with your boobs like whwn you'd knock over your dominoes with them......

ticks in the face

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home