9.11.05


I know, it's always music- but I found a great recording of Motets of Guillaume de Machaut while researching for my class. I am going to try and set up some music links tonight, but you can sample several of my faves at npr.org "best music of 2004"
The trimester ends tomorrow. Which means a new crop of eager learners. My hummanities class (sans livre) will be studying art (sans art). It's tricky. Oh no, Dianna is dancing now. We are also doing music reviews, which is part of the reason I have been doing my own research on music sites. I do enjoy inspiring their creativity and allowing them to have their own beliefs, but do they all have to review the same 3 albums? and they are all country, rap, or hard core? ! Come on kids, open your eyes. They are selling you an image! It isn't original to dress all in black...People have been doing it for years- and guess what? You look just like all your friends. Anyone can can walk into a store at the mall to purchase an image... hot topic, abercrombie, urban outfitters, it's all the same rich (usually republican) men getting rich off of your need to be an individual. Sorry, I see it everyday it it makes me CRAZY. Alright. I feel better.
G

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Image. Image. Image. Pants. Shirt. Skirt. Shoes. Barefoot. Black. White. Vivid colors that spark the mind. Where is my image mommy? Where is the fortunate souls? The chickens who wash their feet in my closet know. Not you. Not Democrat, not liberal. I conform to the making of my mind. Take that you crazed men who cower in the corners of the dark mist. Who set off the storms by the size of their bank cards. Who are we if not for image? Who are those who cry for their beliefs? Me. That's who. Me.

1:43 PM  
Blogger lua said...

yea, i think you should go to a meeting. therapy? please- take care of whatever ails you.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taking the meeting out in the open. Taking therapy where it is meant. Understanding how it works. Overstepping ones words. Careful now...you might go too far.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Black Finger Nail Polish. The nails are the windows to the soul. When I think of a nail I wonder where did it come from? Who invented it? Are you square? Take my rent from the hills and use it to make the butter churn. Run Doggie Run!

4:39 PM  
Blogger lua said...

make dia stop. please. people read this stuff. what i write- and they tell me it is gold. but her nonsenscical ramblings are bringing it down a notch. stop patronizing me!
ps the nail polish thing is true. clear polish=pot head

5:08 PM  
Blogger lua said...

did you even notice i called you dianna?

7:15 PM  
Blogger lua said...

not you. do you like my socks? i thought i would express my individuality by wearing them on my arms. i am deep. and different. you don't get me. no one does.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't be stopped. Not until my vaccuum cleaner has sucked the last piece of dirt in God's country. Amen.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home