21.12.05

je pense donc...

Tonight I feel lucky, blessed, you might say. Tomorrow Mark and I will celebrate eleven years of marriage. I know what we have is rare. It's natural, sensual, and spiritual. Not to sound cliché, but we are soul mates. He is the most important person in my life. I would go on, but he would get annoyed... and then he would beat me.
I went to a funeral today. I have been dealing with death a lot lately. My grandmother, Dylan's case worker, and now a family friend. When I go to funerals, I always think about how I never want to put people through going to my funeral. They are so phony, so rehearsed. A catchy poem, a few verses, peppered with a few sappy songs. And voilĂ - your life in 30 minutes or less. It seems so cheap and unecessary. No one likes going to them and no one knows what to say. Take my organs and throw me a party. please. I want lots of dancing, eating, and drinking. It is a good excuse for people to get together. Someone will have to help Mark organize it, because he will expect me to do it, and I won't.
Tomorrow, Ryan will be 30. We can't trust him anymore. Now we can all play on the old people soccer league- and kick some ass. Have a good night. I wish I could get "Bridge Over Troubled Water" out of my head. They played it at the funeral today.
~g
PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN

5 Comments:

Blogger lua said...

thanks. i think we will go to lunch together, then after work, hopefully everyone will hopefully come over to play some dominoes and drink some alcohol. (and eat snacks- sarah?)

9:34 PM  
Blogger lua said...

i said hopefully twice. oops hopefully. i am hopeful, eh?

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! Whoooo!

No Bridge Over Troubled Water...no no...something rump shakin.

I am hopeful that you will hopefully have a hopeful time!

9:57 PM  
Blogger lua said...

alright, you are in charge of the rump shakin. mark has a list of songs i have chosen, too.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, no special snacks tonight. didn't have time. Happy anniversary!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home