1.9.06

The first week was a success for all of us!



Well, we all made it through our 1st (official) week of school fairly unscathed. I had a make-up contracts class today- for a class I have yet to miss. (My prof's husband is having surgery later in the semester, so we are making up for it now) What that means for me is two classes of contracts that I had to be ready for today. Needless to say, I fell asleep on my UCC code book last night... not pretty. I have to admit, I am really beginning to like it- even if I refer to contracts as my "math class". This may come as a surprise, but I really liked math when I got it, I had just gotten to the point where I did not get it so much- so I decided I just did not like it. Much like contracts. But yesterday- and even more so today, (especially after two 1.5 hr classes) it started to click.
So, after my one week experience in law school, several things are much more clear for me... 1) It is really difficult, BUT 2) it can be equally rewarding. (so far- no exams under my belt, mind you) Let me explain, in my classes showing up prepared is essential (obviously) and not without hours of work, but then when you are engaged in a discussion, or listening to your professor going over the case..and your rationale was right on...or your question takes the discussion to a whole new level... or to be confused or feel behind only to get to class and realize you are much better off than most. Okay, so now I am tooting my horn, but I feel good about school after this 1st week. I have learned a lot in my classes- but also 3) how the system works. I still need to work on managing my time more efficiently, but this week was special, in that I wanted to be there for the kids as much as possible for their 1st week of school.
Which brings me back to the topic of the post... the pictures are Wed. morning, the official first day (for them). Liam was not very compliant. The second picture is walking home from the first day. Our house is just up the hill a bit. The school is on the left- and the court house is on the right (not shown- but across the street we are on) The town green is in front of the court house. Temperatures are steadily dropping, but we are staying dry. How are the NC people holding up?
Well, Mark and I are going to take a little walk to the graveyard (further up the hill from our house) - there is a path there...I hope you all have a wonderful (long) weekend. Mine is full for sure... I may need to vent again in greater detail on personal jurisdiction and what the 14th amendment says about it, but I think I need to chill for now.
love,
g
xxoX
PS I'll post later about how successful the kids 1st week was, but I will say they love it! oh, and Liam has lost two of the three loose teeth...

2 Comments:

Blogger sumobeats said...

I love the updates! You are my hero! Seriously...

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of rain, minimal wind. ernesto was over rated. glad to hear thigs are going well at law school.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home