4.9.06

Look closely- the hills are rolling...

















Here are some pictures of the hike we took with the kids yesterday morning on a trail just up the hill from our house. It is insanely beautiful- the pictures do it little justice. Caleb remarked that he was just waiting for an Ewok to roll down the hill to greet us.
I hope everyone had a great Labour Day weekend. Ours was pretty low key, but I got a lot of work done, so I feel prepared for the week- well, kind of. I really am so happy to be here and I enjoy law school, so far- but it is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I guess school always came easy to me, but now I am being pushed to excel in every class- in a way I never have. I am finding truth to the old adage that "anything worth doing is worth doing well". Well, on that note, I am off to bed- tomorrow promises another full day of exciting class work and learning- plus Westlaw training and an International Law Society meeting. Good night.
Hugs,
g
PS Thank you Lisa for all of your advice. I really felt much better after talking to you today. It was great to hear your voice and vent about my 1st week. I am so lucky to have you as a friend and a resource.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you're so welcome. Anytime. I know how easy it is to get caught up in the neurosis and anxiety--first year especially. You're doing great though. Just keep going and call or email whenever you want to.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gretchen! I found your blog again, and am so glad I did. What wonderful, beautiful pictures of your family and new home... I just wanted to say "hi" and that I'm happy it sounds like things are going off to a good start -- I'm sure there's a lot to take in with all the changes, but the kids look very happy. I'm going to bookmark this so I don't lose it again and can keep up with you better... Much love, Fritha

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, this is the first comment I have ever made on a blog, so I hope that I am doing it right. I am sorry I haven't had much time to write anything recently, but we're in the process of moving and still trying to put our kitchen together and buy it, etc. I am so happy for you, Gretch. Vermont looks amazing and it sounds like Law School, although tiring and strenuous, is really exciting and worth it. And don't worry about feeling old, the idea that Caleb is running around in a car with 13 yo girls makes me feel really old too, and he isn't even my son. Sending you hugs and kisses,
Alyssa

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home