27.4.06

did I ask you?

It is kind of funny that people are so openly nosy about my life right now. My family has been in Sapulpa for 3 generations, so the fact that we are leaving is big news, I guess. But it still catches me off-guard that people I don't know very well want to know every detail, and then give their opinion. (I can't imagine being so rude and intrusive to people I don't know that well) The questions they ask are all the same, so I have my "story" - but they usually start by saying something like, "Are the rumors true?" (In a hushed voice, mind you) I want to say, "Well, my job is posted and my house is on the market, what do you think?" But I smile and nod.
I have had two different people tell me today that I should be ready for a divorce and for my kids to hate me. (They were both women who had put there husbands through law school- one had gotten a divorce) The latter was so fiercly negative and when I insisted that I knew this is what I am 'supposed' to be doing... She took that as "God's Will" and immediatly changed her disposition. It was very bizarre- she got this glazed look in her eyes and she suddenly became my greatest advocate. I think she's praying for me right now. It made me wonder how someone gets to that point. I could have said it was God's Will to bomb an abortion clinic, and she'd light my fuse. It is people like that who support Bush in this war when he says that it was God's Will to attack Iraq. (though he later denied the statement- he has alluded to it)
The school musical opened today. They did Grease. It was great- but I feel sorry for the person who sat next to me.
Happy Friday.
hugs,
me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came through law school with my marriage in tact. I've been practicing for over a year, and still no divorce in sight (but lots of personal fulfillment and vacations that we couldn't have afforded before). I don't have children--but my dogs still love me! Whatever, that lady would have gotten divorced no matter what her husband did.

Can't wait to see you this weekend! Saturday?

9:11 AM  
Blogger lua said...

I'll be there. It was so cool talking to her the other night. I can't wait to see alessandro. Sarah has her kids on Sat. so maybe we can hang w/ her a while? I am open and available. Thank you again for your support. I am just amazed sometimes at what people will say to me. so many of them cannot imagine leaving this safe little world. But they make my choice about them and disregard how their opinion sounds to me. It would be easier if I was certain where we would be and if Mark had quit his job- I feel like I have to protect him, you know?
Oh well. The weekend is here! See you soon. I know you are not crazy about coming back, but I love it when you do. BTW the weather sucks ass. Maybe it will be better by Sat/Sun. Okay, I should have sent this in an e-mail, but I am too tired and lazy to re-type.G

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will take up the extra slack in your wallet that law school will provide. Then your family will never know the difference. Then you will not get divorced. You can cancel the appointment at the marriage councelor. Your welcome for saving your marriage i do not mind.PG

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home