15.11.05

c'est mardi...


So do I just tell you what I’m thinking, list the events of my busy day, or suggest some songs? I am at a loss. It’s hard for me not to just write what I’m thinking- whether it makes sense to you or not, I just write. I have a constant narrative going in my head. “SHUT UP KAREN!” Sorry about that, anyway I will start with a re-cap of the high points of my day:
  1. I have received 5 letters thus far (2 today) from various (though mostly unknown) law schools commending me on my “academic record”. I am keeping the letters- even if I don’t go to law school. I may even laminate or frame them.

  2. My students are still well behaved. (Day 2)

  3. After we dropped Liam, Dylan, and Chloe off at respite, Mark, Caleb, and I had a nice (quiet) dinner together at the Chinese Super Buffet. It was wonderful.

  4. After dropping Caleb off at rehearsals, Mark and I went to Toy’s R Us and did a bit of X-mas shopping. Alone.

  5. After I finished telling Chloe a story and tucking her in, Dylan read to me- then said, “Sing!” We sang, “Twinkle twinkle little star” - then he asked for “Hey diddle diddle…” come to think of it- he likes songs that repeat words in the title. Anyway, he then asked for a hug and told me to lay down with him. I did, then I leaned in to kiss him goodnight, and he whispered, “I love you, momma.” (His words look much clearer on a screen- he still said it like Dylan, but I understood)

In other random news/thoughts…I am going to join Luke in promoting Sujan Stevens. He is someone I can always listen to- happy, angry, pensive, tired, or sad. It is always good. Here is the link. http://www.sufjan.com/ Amusez-vous bien, mes amis. Je vous embrasse.
XxoX
-g

8 Comments:

Blogger kingdomforavoice said...

I too wish Karen would shut up. This is not a pity post, i waited as long as i could.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love those cheerleading outfits! I miss my old cheerleading days. Actually, I just miss being that flexable. And having a ligit reason to do a herky. Or an abstract jump. Or throw my arms up in unison with other girls and jump around like we're all on speed. Good times.

3:46 PM  
Blogger lua said...

that's sufjan. you might like his stuff. thanks mark. it's strange how everyone waits for you to commeny 1st. gotta run

4:04 PM  
Blogger lua said...

that's sufjan. you might like his stuff. thanks mark. it's strange how everyone waits for you to commeny 1st. gotta run

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marks the leader. I will follow him. I bow down to Mark. Oh Mark what is your wish, oh master Mark?

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you forgetting your raver days? lots of arms raised in unison- maybe not so many hurkeys...then again, i don't put it past you.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, that whole time period is a bit of a blur. I remember dancing. I remember talking A LOT! I remember the need to feel everything. I'm sure there were arms jumping in unison. Maybe a herky or two. I think I even broke out my old cheerleading uniform once. Ahhhh...memories.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those Illinoise cheerleaders aren't very hardcore at all! If Sufjan is going to keep making balls-to-the-wall grindcore then he's gotta punk his chicks up a little bit. I mean c'mon, in cheerleading, aren't those tights tantamount to a burka?

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home