21.11.05

Inspired by Vosse


I can’t listen to Bob without thinking of my dad. Wow, my dad. He must have been a fascinating man. I still talk to him in my dreams or in my thoughts, sometimes. He was a good friend of Bill’s. It does make me angry that he died just when I was about to get him figured out. No closure. I’ll never know. But, that’s okay- really. He gave me Bob and I’ll be forever grateful. If I had to pick a song, it would be, “It ain’t me babe”, that’s my dad.
Antony (yes I am still obsessed) was on the cover (name only) of Harp magazine. (Neil Young is the cover story- Vosse) He mentions singing on Letterman- so if anyone (Ryan) wanted to record that for me… I would be pleased as punch. More music news… I am enjoying Davendra’s new album (he’s a boy- Dia) not to be completely tied to, as Mark calls it, “Freak Folk” (also known as avant-folk) but I also really like Coco Rosie –from what I’ve heard at least.
J’adore la radio nationale publique. Their web site has some great shit. (Concerts, sound clips, interviews…Check it out and support your local public radio.
http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/archives/asc96/ http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/archives/index.html
Another great poem to leave you with is Langston Hughes, “Harlem (2)”. I won’t quote it- but you should read it. It kind of defines my motives…in a 1920’s Harlem kind of way. Je vous embrasse.
~g

14 Comments:

Blogger OKRyan said...

I may record it for you, depends on the cake situation..

7:45 PM  
Blogger lua said...

oh, i'll make you a cake- and you will be forced to eat it... all eyes on you. i am making a pumpkin cheesecake for thanksgiving, will that do?

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My space...your space. Take if from me. I love bobby. I love Ramona. Or She belongs to me. She's an artist she don't look back. Bow down to her on Sunday and salute her when her birthday comes. And at christmas buy her a drum.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's a hypnotist collector,

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can take the dark out of the nighttime
And paint the daytime black.

12:00 AM  
Blogger lua said...

is she mad at me again?

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No sweetie...I'm writing song lyrics. My favorite song: She belongs to me by Bobby. It's honestly I think one of the most beautiful songs he has ever created. Not mad!!! NO no ! Love you!!!

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye !
Dear darling LuLu - at this juncture ( were you physically here with us) is when we would put you across our knees and cheerfully redden your bottom-
while singing you that Bob Dylan song. To remind you we LOVE you and you are Safe with us, and because it would be such jolly good fun.
Yes we were swapping the lyrics of a favorite song- a form of cenversation among beeb heads. BUT
if it Had been All about YOU - it is anything but hostile -
the song is about an amazing woman - so great one would do anything for her.
and after all it begins with this sketch of bohemian perfection:
"She's got everything she needs,
She's an artist, she don't look back"

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say Amen! AMEN!!!!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And because of all this bobby talk I've now got no direction home in the cd player.

There selling postcards of the hanging.
The circus is in town.
Here comes the blind commissioner.
And the rioters are restless they need somewhere to go.
From desolation row.
Cinderella she seems so easy.
It takes one to know one she smiles
She puts her hands in her back pocket
betty davis style
and the only song that's left
it's cinderella sleeping up on desolation row.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is that kazoo whistle at the begining of highway 61

god said to abraham kill me a son
abe said god you must be puttin me on
God said NO, Abe said What ?
God said , You can do what you want Abe but
next time you see me coming you better run

11:38 AM  
Blogger lua said...

i'm not that hard core.

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hand in your ticket
And you go watch the geek
Who immediately walks up to you
When he hears you speak
And says, "How does it feel
To be such a freak?"
And you say, "Impossible"
As he hands you a bone

Because something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot my favorite part!!!!

Now you see this one-eyed midget
Shouting the word "NOW"
And you say, "For what reason?"
And he says, "How?"
And you say, "What does this mean?"
And he screams back, "You're a cow
Give me some milk
Or else go home"

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home